To navigate to the settings use the Sidebar:
Setup > Settings
There are a few tabs under Settings
- General: Settings used to customize accounting defaults and enable features.
- Defaults: Settings that are used to set defaults.
- Print: Settings that are used to customize the Invoice Print View.
- System: Settings used to customize System defaults.
Inventory Settings are visible only when Inventory has been enabled.
These settings are used to set and customize accounting defaults.
Settings that cannot be changed
- Full Name
- Company Name
- Bank Name
These values are set when setting up a new instance using the Setup Wizard.
Settings that can be changed
- Fiscal Year Start Date: used as the start date when displaying the reports by fiscal year.
- Fiscal Year End Date: used as the end date when displaying the reports by fiscal year.
- Write Off Account: account used when a Write Off amount is set when making a Payment
- Round Off Account: account used to settle the credit and debit difference when the General Ledger is updated.
- Enable Discount Accounting: used to enable the setting of discounts in invoices. (link)
- Enable Inventory: used to enable inventory management features. (link)
GSTIN setting is available only when the country is set to India.
Setting this value will enable the GST Reports.
These settings are used to set Number Series and Terms defaults which are used when a new entry is created.
Settings here can be altered to customize the Print View of an Invoice.
These settings can also be altered from the Print View of an Invoice
These settings are used to alter how values such as currency and time are displayed.
- Date Format: used to set how dates are displayed.
- Hide Get Started: used to hide the Get Started section from the Sidebar.
- Version: this is a read only field which tells you the current version of Frappe Books.
- Locale: used to set the currency format, by default locale of the selected country is used.
- Display Precision: used to set the number of digits are shown after the decimal.
- Currency: used to set the currency used for all transactions.
Get Started is auto hidden on completion.