Item is term used by Frappe Books for anything that is purchased or sold using a Sales or Purchase Invoice.
Types of Items
An Item is classified by what purpose it's used for.
|1||Sales||Sales Items||Sales Invoices|
|2||Purchases||Purchase Items||Purchase Invoices|
|3||Both||Common Items||Sales and Purchase Invoices|
Make sure that you create the Item under the correct Navigation as this cannot be changed after creation.
When creating a new Item the following fields are displayed:
- Item Image: an image to identify the Item by.
- Item Name: a name to identify the Item by, each Item should have a unique name.
- Rate: base cost of an Item, this can be changed in the invoice.
- Unit Type: base unit of the Item to which the rate is applied
- Type: indicates whether the Item is a Product or a Service.
- For: the purpose of the Item, whether it's for Sales, Purchases or Both.
- Tax: tax applied on the Item when making an invoice, this can be changed in the invoice.
- Description: textual description of what the Item is.
- Income: the income account, account that is credited when the Item is sold.
- Expense: the expense account, account that is debited when the Item is purchased.
- HSN/SAC: the HSN/SAC code that is used for classifying Items.